The Lakes Area United Way is searching for a Communications and Engagement Coordinator who is mission-driven, team-oriented and has great relationship-building skills. This role will be a collaborative position with Crow Wing Energized and Brainerd Lakes Area Drug Education (BLADE), and fall under the ultimate purview of the Lakes Area United Way. Open to applicants that are looking for part-time employment or on a contracted basis 20-25 hours per week.
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Communications and Engagement Coordinator is responsible for communications and fostering engagement for the educational initiatives, community events, and volunteer opportunities of the Lakes Area United Way and collaborating organizations.
- Create and distribute engaging marketing materials, including campaign materials, newsletters, news stories, print and radio advertisements, social media posts, and other forms of written, visual, and verbal communication as needed/directed.
- Design all print and digital materials for campaign and fundraising purposes, and/or coordinate with designers to maintain messaging and brand standards.
- Manage online presence, including social media, website, and online giving platforms.
- Coordinate, develop, organize, and foster engagement for educational initiatives, community events, and volunteer opportunities.
- Develop relationships with sponsors for special events and ensure proper recognition/representation of sponsorships in all marketing materials.
- Help create a year-round strategic marketing and communications calendar and maintain adherence to organizational goals and brand standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks;
- Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office.
- Reply to email, telephone or face to face enquiries in a timely manner.
- Postsecondary degree and two years of experience in the development, fundraising, graphic design, marketing, communications or related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace programs.
- Expertise with graphic design, website, social media platforms, Constant Contact, Canva, and Adobe
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, listening, and critical thinking skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create, grow and retain strong relationships with volunteers and donors.
- Public speaking skills and willingness to address large groups of volunteers, donors, and/or community members.
- Demonstrated reliability, positive work habits, ability to work independently, collaboratively, and with cross-functional teams.
- Discretion to manage sensitive and confidential information a must,
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments in a transparent, respectful manner,
- Experience engaging and working with volunteers,
- Appreciation of and willingness to work with and advocate for people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds,
- A passion for the mission and vision of Lakes Area United Way and our collaborators.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to lift and carry materials up to 30 pounds
- Ability to work 10-15 hours per week in-person in Brainerd and surrounding Lakes Area during normal business hours. Occasional evenings/weekends as needed for special events.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL UNITED WAY STAFF
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to the mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brands of the collaborating agencies and understands his/her/their role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications preferred by September 9th, however applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Please have three references available upon request.