F&B Administrative Assistant
The F&B Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing the F&B office, along with internal and external communications. The role involves cost analysis and reconciliation. The incumbent properly orders and accounts for inventory items. The position may consolidate purchasing efforts to increase cost savings through bulk purchases. Position drives cost-saving analysis and initiatives for the F&B department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Manages office and communications for department
* Maintains optimum inventory levels by reviewing system-generated reports to determine what items are required to complete all needs/orders.
* Assists with labor management, using company tools/systems
* Works to perpetuate inventory system to ensure the highest degree of accuracy throughout the year.
* Aids in proper production control planning and scheduling programs to meet forecasts and to balance the level of labor requirements. This includes compiling budgeted and forecasted data for labor reports.
* Maintains proper contact with F&B venues and vendors relating to releases and deliveries.
* Oversees the shipping and receiving functions of F&B and oversees the storage of purchased goods and finished goods.
* May be involved in menu/event pricing
* Works with accounting department to research and resolve monthly costs of sales discrepancies.
* Assists the Accounting department in suggesting, implementing, and maintaining internal controls around F&B procedures.
* Generates assigned weekly and monthly reports, such as revenue/covers/top item sales.
* Assist in the preparation of meetings: organize materials and agendas, prepare visuals/handouts, handle meeting logistics, and ensure that meeting attendees are informed.
* Demonstrate discretion and tact in preparing, disclosing, and handling confidential information.
* Administrative duties as deemed appropriate by Director of F&B
* Communicate effectively with all levels of management and team members within the organization.
* Cultivate strong relationships with others by responding and resolving matters promptly.
* Serve as a team player for the organization, shifting priorities with flexibility.
* Other duties as may be assigned
* Outstanding attention to detail, organization, decision making and analytical skills
* Self-starter, innovator, results-driven with ability to meet both short and long term business goals
* Ability to manage time well, meet imposed deadlines and ability to work flexible hours
* Innovative and change driven with a high sense of urgency.
* Proven problem solving skills with ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
* This position requires the ability to stand, and, walk, 7 to 8 hours at a time, climb stairs, reach, and bend.
* The position may also require the ability to lift over 25 pounds occasionally.
Education & Experience
* F&B experience required (three (3) – five (5) years)
* Accounting (preferably in hospitality) background highly preferred
* Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, the Internet, and email (particular skill in excel).