This position is responsible for providing client service to our partners, intermediaries and plan sponsors. The Account Executive will develop and maintain a thorough understanding of retirement plans and Ascensus products and services with the goal of helping our clients manage their retirement plans appropriately. The Account Executive delivers exceptional service by taking ownership of client issues, providing subject matter expertise on day-to-day activities, and providing value added consulting resulting in high levels of client satisfaction and plan retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop a thorough understanding of our business, products and services.
* Consistently deliver a high level of proactive client service in a professional manner.
* Develop effective working relationships with team and internal departments to deliver effective service for our clients.
* Provide thorough, high quality research, problem solving and issue resolution.
* Weigh client perspective and business needs when addressing issues and identifying potential solutions.
* Successfully identify, record, monitor, and close items for assigned clients.
* Ensure inquiries and issues are resolved and service levels are met.
* Provide clients and advisors clear and concise communication regarding services, execution and resolution throughout the service cycle.
* Help drive increases in client retention by reacting appropriately to client communications and activities.
* Achieve individual and team goals for service levels, growth and retention for assigned book of business.
* Prioritize activities and manage time to effectively and efficiently provide quality client service to our partners and clients.
* Respond to inquiries on the status of plan activity (compliance testing, quarterly statements, RMDs, etc.).
* Produce, analyze, and distribute reporting on a regular basis to achieve individual and team goals.
* Support the sales team in their efforts to attain more business. Provide references as requested.
* Perform other duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
* Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast paced service environment.
* 1-3 years direct client experience in financial services preferred.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* The ability to communicate effectively (clear, concise and professionally) with all levels within the Ascensus organization and with our client base.
* Proficiency in MS Office software applications, specifically Word and Excel.
* Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment to ensure common goal of providing exceptional client service.
* Ability to adapt to changing environment and shifting priorities as relates to business needs of organization and the client.
* Ability to work well under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines.
* Sound business judgment in determining what issues need to be elevated to appropriate level of authority.
* Ability to work overtime to meet the needs of the business unit.
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 10 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, criminal conviction record or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws ("Protected Status").