We are seeking a qualified candidate for a part-time, on-site Caretaker for the Crosby Dellwood and Edgewood Apartments. Job responsibilities include emergency dispatch, after hours non-technical maintenance and snow removal from sidewalks and entry doors. Candidate should be reliable, motivated, have good people skills and be able to pass a criminal background check. Hours are nights, weekends and holidays. An application packet can be found at www.crosbyhra.org, or call Kathy at (218)824-3424. Please submit application to Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave in the drop box at 324 East River Road, Brainerd.
Position open until filled.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Crosby Housing and Redevelopment Authority
Status: Part-time, not eligible for benefits
Supervisor: Housing Manager
The Crosby Caretaker must live on-site and is responsible to respond to resident calls, assure that residents and guests follow building rules and regulations, assist with non-technical maintenance calls and snow removal nights, evenings, weekends and holidays when maintenance staff is not on duty. The Caretakers must coordinate with their supervisor for their property to be covered when they are away from the property.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
· Carry the HRA emergency dispatch cell phone on evenings, weekends and holidays.
· Assist residents with non-technical maintenance calls on evenings, weekends and holidays including opening doors in case of a lockout, unplug toilets/sinks, re-set GFI’s, various clean-ups, etc.
· Respond to resident maintenance calls and distinguish between emergency and non-emergency requests. Report non-emergency work order requests to the office during regular business hours. Notify on-call maintenance of any emergency maintenance needed.
· Respond to resident complaints about noise or disturbances in and around the building, calling police if necessary.
· Maintain order in the building by assuring that building rules and regulations are followed by residents and guests. Caretakers must report violation of the rules to management staff and caretakers participating in rule or lease violations will be in danger of discharge.
· Perform evening security checks to ensure all windows and doors are closed and locked, monitor building conditions, monitor dumpsters and rotate dumpsters when they are full.
· Maintain the cleanliness of all common areas as needed on evenings, weekends or as requested.
· Lawn care including, but not limited to, lawn mowing and weeding garden areas, spraying weeds, pruning, etc.
· Snow removal: including, but not limited to snow removal from sidewalks and entryways, applying ice melt, etc. as needed until contractor/maintenance arrives or as necessary to ensure the safety of Residents. Document all activity in Snow Removal Log kept in the maintenance office.
· Maintain a safety awareness for potential hazards or liability issues on HRA property. Complete mandatory safety trainings and other training deemed essential or beneficial to the position.
· Document work and tasks completed in weekly activity log, complete dispatch incident reports and non-emergency work orders and turn into office during regular business hours.
· Distribute information to residents as necessary or requested.
· Other duties as directed.
The Caretakers must live on-site in “Caretaker designated unit” and have the willingness and ability to be available nights, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The Caretakers must possess the ability to deal patiently and tactfully with a diverse population, remain calm in case of emergencies and respond immediately and appropriately to all calls for assistance.
The Caretakers must be able to move swiftly up and down stairways in order to respond to emergencies on all floors with or without the aid of elevators.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to see and hear in order to receive detailed information; communicate verbally and in written form to receive and convey detailed and important instructions to others and be understood. If eye or hearing correction is needed, the proper correction needs to be used at work.
Physical demands regularly require using of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate tools, equipment or controls, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms, pushing, pulling and lifting, frequently requires standing, walking, climbing or balancing and repetitive motions, occasionally requires sitting. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds and frequently up to 20 pounds.
Work requires occasional operating of machines and equipment, exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and exposure to risk of electrical shock and frequent exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals (cleaning supplies) fumes, odors and airborne particles. Work is performed in a variety of environmental conditions, both indoors and out, with exposure to temperature variations and performed generally in a mild to moderate to noise location except when mowing and/or blowing snow. Worker may be required to wear protective gear such as eye and ear protection.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement or binding contract and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.