Wedding and Events Coordinator
Cragun's Resort on Gull Lake is looking for an ambitious, detail-oriented, and innovative person to join our sales team!
A successful Wedding and Events Coordinator will expertly sell, plan and coordinate resort weddings and a variety of other events. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary in all phases of the sales process to drive maximum revenue for the resort, while creating memorable experiences for all guests.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handles all resort wedding inquiries (calls, internet, and on-site visits). Follows up on inquiries in a timely and professional fashion.
- Prepares and distributes accurate written communication including proposals, contracts, confirmation letters, banquet event orders and special reports as assigned.
- Arranges and coordinates site tours for the resort, working in collaboration with other departments and managers as needed. In addition to the main resort, site tours include The Legacy Clubhouse as a destination location for ceremonies and receptions.
- Meets with couples to understand their specific needs, objectives and budget constraints.
- Coordinates all details for weddings including blocking of hotel rooms, bride and banquet rooms, as well as scheduling all food and beverage for groom’s dinners, wedding receptions and gift openings.
- Works closely with the food and beverage team to coordinate proper room sets, food and beverage offerings, pricing, and other amenities as needed.
- Refers preferred third-party vendors and suppliers to enhance the event including cake, musicians, décor, flowers, etc.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment, assisting others with tasks as assigned.
- Works proactively to drive revenue in the wedding market by keeping up on industry trends, participating in appropriate industry organizations, and assisting the marketing team in the creation of collateral material and social media content.
- Assists in all aspects of the sales department as needed during busy season to include coordination of small conferences, phone coverage and other tasks as assigned.
- Assists in maintaining all files, to include proposals, contracts, cancellations and follow-up for all weddings. Maintains files in a neat and orderly fashion, and keeps history records including master file history, agendas, sales contracts, lost business and other sales information.
- Creates relationships with bridal couples and their families to facilitate a smooth and professional sales and planning process.
- Minimum of a high school diploma.
- Previous wedding or event planning experience desired.
- Must be able to multi-task while working in a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong detail orientation and organizational skills a must.
- Basic knowledge of Visual One and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred.
- Some nights and weekends required based on the needs of the business.
Full Time Benefits Package:
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, & Colonial Life)
- 401k opportunities
- Resort discounts
- Local lake country discounts
- Use of resort amenities