Kitchen Assist at MN Traders Co.
Kitchen Assistant - no experience required
MN Traders Co. is a coffee-to-cocktail eatery. We offer a highly esteemed coffee bar, serve craft cocktails, wine and beer and have a full breakfast, lunch and happy hour menu. Integrated space to work or enjoy and a small home goods boutique bringing you MN-made, unique retail offerings.
This team is passionate about quality products with a one-of-a-kind twist, we boast the best coffee, cocktails and shareable fare in the area - perfect for any occasion.
MN Traders Co. is looking for dedicated and passionate people to add to our amazing team! Seeking a motivated, creative individual with a passion for quality food and thoughtful plating presentation to add to a specially curated menu. We are a coffee-to-cocktail eatery, offering an array of food and beverage options including breakfast and brunch, sandwiches/salads and lunch items, unique happy hour sharables/charcuterie, and dietary offerings in between. *Hours and wages vary depending on availability and experience. A non-traditional prep kitchen looking for a missing piece to our awesome team.
*No experience required for this position, we do on-site job training and onboarding
The MN Traders team is a small, creative and collaborative group, seeking fun and motivated staff to help us bring a fresh experience and new offerings to the Pequot Lakes area.
We are looking for a detail-oriented and motivated kitchen staff member to prepare fresh and unique dishes according to our menu. As a kitchen assistant you will prepare dishes according to our menu and presentation style that will delight our customers with taste, presentation and timely delivery.
An excellent kitchen team member must be able to follow instructions in preparation of dishes and delivering quality food offerings. They must be deft in moving around the kitchen, apt in multi-tasking and familiar with general service industry language/processes. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques and equipment is also important.
The goal is to help preserve and enhance our reputation so we can expand our clientele.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and equipment
-Perform all cleaning, washing, and preparation duties required for menu items
-Assist other kitchen staff with tasks necessary to ensure that the kitchen operations run smoothly
- Prepare ingredients to use (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Distributing ingredients
- Kitchen Expeditor;pacing food as it cooks and comes out of ovens
- Precise, Strategic and extremely organized
- Check food while preparing it
- Physically demanding job, standing and moving around, lifting heavy objects, carrying large bags of food up and down stairs, stocking walk in coolers/ freezers is physically demanding
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock / communicate with management where there are shortages
- Dishwashing and cleaning of kitchen equipment
- Reading and understanding tickets
- Properly timing food on ticket and the durations it takes for each food item to be cooked all together
- Time management skills